Microsoft has finally announced certification exam for IoT. Exam AZ-220: Microsoft Azure IoT Developer is available under beta. By passing this exam you will also obtain Microsoft Certified: Azure IoT Developer Specialty.
Who should take Azure IoT certication exam AZ-220
- If you are a developer implementing, coding or maintaining cloud or edge components of IoT solution
- Is part of your job to manage devices life cycle – set up, configuration, and maintenance – using cloud services?
- Do you design IoT solutions including device topology, connectivity, debugging, and security?
- Do you implement solutions to manage, monitor, and transform data related to IoT
Then you can showcase your skills by taking this exam. The exam price is $165 as the beta exams are no more free. But currently an offer is available.
The first 300 people who take the beta exam on or before February 23, 2020 can receive an 80% discount on market price.
To receive the exam discount, use the code AZ220LACONIA at registration when prompted for payment (this is not a private access code). The 300 seats are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. You must take the exam on or before February 23, 2020 to receive this discount
Remember, the number of spots is limited, so when they’re gone, they’re gone. You should also be aware that there are some countries where the beta code will not work (including Turkey, Pakistan, India, and China). You will not be able to take the beta exam in those countries.
Preparing for Azure IoT certification exam AZ-220
- Review the AZ-220 prep guide and practice the skills listed
- Microsoft Official Courseware to help you prepare for this beta exam is available. Find classroom and online training from Microsoft Learning Partners
- Free online learning to support this certification will be available on Microsoft Learn by the end of this month. Follow @MicrosoftLearn for content updates
- Need other preparation ideas? Check out blog post on preparing for beta exams
- Implement the IoT solution infrastructure (15-20%)
- Provision and manage devices (20-25%)
- Implement Edge (15-20%)
- Process and manage data (15-20%)
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize IoT solutions (15-20%)
- Implement security (15-20%)
For more details about this Azure IoT certification exam, visit the following links: